The Litchfield Independent Review seeks a talented, energetic sports editor.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and cover sports events and athletes across the region for the Independent Review. The successful candidate will write game reports, feature stories and columns for the print edition, as well as take photos and post stories, video and other content on independentreview.net. This person will develop strong relationships with coaches, athletes, sports fans and others in the community.
Join a national award-winning newspaper that is dedicated to being the strongest source of news and advertising in the communities we serve.
– A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in experience.
– Excellent writing skills. Must be creative and organized, with a love for the written word and a broad range of interests.
– Excellent editing skills. Must possess a nuts-and-bolts appreciation of how prose should fit together to provide the greatest possible clarity.
– Good verbal and interviewing skills. Should be able to express ideas clearly and communicate with others in a sensitive and encouraging way.
– Solid knowledge of newspapers and journalism.
– Fundamental knowledge of photography, videography and design.
– Ability to work with different types of personalities and meet deadlines.
The Independent Review offers a competitive salary, health insurance, 401k, profit sharing and more.
If you are excited about becoming our next sports editor, please send your resume, a letter of interest and clippings by May 23 to Editor Andrew Broman, Independent Review, 217 Sibley Ave. N., Litchfield, MN 55355. Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.