Position Title: Life Reporter/Page Designer
Scheduled Hours: Full Time Hours
Supervisor: Luke Hagen, Managing Editor
- Receive assignments and develop own ideas into lively and creative, well-written features stories.
- Gather, verify and provide information regarding stories through interviews, observation and research.
- Organize materials, determine focus and write stories according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
- Build a rapport with real people and sources to develop story ideas.
- Spot trends and write about them in a meaningful way to produce timely stories.
- Paginate at least two pages daily and be able to fill in for the full-time paginator when necessary.
- College degree or experience with a daily newspaper required.
- Must be a self-starter who’s highly organized and has excellent communication skills.
- Experience/knowledge of pagination programs such as InDesign.
- Must possess a reliable vehicle covered with acceptable insurance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a driving record that is insurable by the company.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 8/ 22 /14
SUBMIT RESUME AND EXAMPLES OF WORK TO:
Luke Hagen, Managing Editor
The Daily Republic
P.O. Box 1288
Mitchell, SD 57301
OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org