The Bemidji Pioneer, a six-day daily newspaper in the heart of Minnesota’s beautiful lakes country, is seeking a sports reporter/copy editor. Responsibilities include:
• Gather news using different platforms, including video, blogging, still photography and print journalism, to cover local sports scene, including high school and college sports.
• Develop reliable beat sources for preview, game coverage, analysis and breaking news.
• Working with Sports Editor, design and paginate Sports pages on nightly basis, including special sections.
• Manage content submitted by individuals and groups, such as youth sports associations, teams and coaches. Prepare content for publication on website and in print edition.
• Be available to work nights and weekends producing stories and other content on extremely tight deadlines. This includes blogging and reporting live from games.
• Develop successful long-term enterprise projects.
• Other duties as assigned
• College degree in journalism or mass communications or equivalent experience; at least a year working in a daily or weekly newspaper.
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Experience with the design and presentation of newspaper pages preferred.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with a driving record that is insurable by the company.
Application deadline is Oct. 31, 2014. Submit resume and clips to:
Matt Cory, Editor
1320 Neilson Ave. SE
Bemidji, MN 56601