Times Media is seeking an innovative and experienced Media Sales Manager who will be responsible for leading and implementing advertising initiatives that will grow revenue and market share and provide customer solutions for our advertisers. The sales manager must possess strong leadership and relationship-building skills and play a pivotal role in the development and implementation of advertising strategies, company-wide initiatives, as well as be accountable for enhancing the media company’s brand. This is a field sales management position.
- Coaching and timely relevant feedback to sales reps to assist them in better serving their customers.
- Accesses sales staff with ride-along coaching, participating in client meetings and utilizing a check list to assess sales account executives in different situations.
- Offers and recommends appropriate training for the account executives.
- Assists account executives in developing their career path.
- Networks through course of daily activities and is a member of the appropriate organizations for networking with customers and potential customers.
- Utilizes a comprehensive knowledge of the industry, the competition, and the client to develop and execute value added strategies that generates business and strengthens our position in the marketplace.
- Recommends creative ideas that improve the company’s competitive position and the bottom line. Develops creative, custom and effective solutions for our customers.
Must have an excellent sales acumen motivated by a high degree of customer satisfaction and compensation. Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills, both written and oral. Documented record of exceeding activity and revenue goals. Demonstrated record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment. Excellent presentation skills; ability to deliver presentations is crucial to success in the job, so proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint are a must. Outstanding relationship skills with the ability to build rapport and trust. Must have strong time management and organizational skills; candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, evolving environment. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
For more information, please contact Marilyn Birkland at 320.255.8794 or email@example.com
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer.