HELP WANTED: Sports/Staff Writer
The Sleepy Eye Herald-Dispatch, Sleepy Eye, MN, is accepting applications for sports/staff writer.
SEHD seeks an experienced sports/staff writer with a proven track record and excellent communication skills to assist with the production of a weekly newspaper, niche products and corresponding website and social media. Ideal candidate will strive to provide the community with the compelling local news they desire as well as investigative/watchdog journalism in print and online. Candidate will immerse themselves in the community and initiate community outreach to better serve our readership.
• Covers all local sports for two local schools
• Works closely with staff, community and operating committee to develop strategies and products that best serve our diverse readership.
• Develops clear expectations of quality and quantity of content.
• Ensures top quality content in print, online and all social media posting. Generate innovative online content not limited to online forums, niche web products, video content, mobile news generation, blogging, social media and breaking news.
• The sports/staff writer must have strong leadership abilities, excellent strategic planning, communication, and photography skills.
Please send resume and qualifications
to Duane “Doc” Durheim,
Sleepy Eye Herald-Dispatch
119 East Main St.
P.O. Box 499 Sleepy Eye, MN 56085
or call 1-507-381-9629.