Times Media, a Gannett Company, has an opening for a lead producer who will help shape our coverage online and in print. Working with editors, coaches, reporters and photographers, our production team uses a high level of news judgment and creativity to best present content on all platforms. Producers also work with engagement editors to reach our audience and grow engagement on social media channels. Producers must be able to work quickly, independently and meet deadlines. Works as a project manager with newsroom staff to collaborate on and create digital solutions to grow audience.
* Manages a team of producers to create compelling work online, in print and in social media.
* Edits local news and sports content along with content from freelance writers and stringers
* Writes compelling headlines.
* Monitors and updates Times’ archives
* Back edits on live news and sports for live blogs and digital chats
* Coordinates commodity features including weather, comics, advice page content
* Monitors wire service for planning
* Writes engaging copy for Times digital news content to audience
* Key coordinator between Times and Des Moines Design Studio.
* Provides high-level sophistication and polish to digital and print packaging, presentation and storytelling.
* Develops, enhances and maintains digital news and information products and applications.
* Applies technical abilities to help journalists create successful community connections and marketing initiatives. Serves as a source of ideas.
* Monitors audience behavior and digital traffic patterns and applies that knowledge to all news products, applications and solutions. Uses audience analytics to ensure work is focused on satisfying target audience needs.
* Manages development projects, including timelines and adherence to SOPs.
* Provides great customer service, helping readers find answers and solutions.
* 3-5 years newsroom professional experience.
This is a full-time position with a variable day/night schedule. This position is subject to post-offer drug screens and satisfactory motor vehicle record check. Times Media offers an excellent benefits package consisting of medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, employee discounts, 401(k) with company match and domestic partner benefits.
To APPLY: http://cb.com/1NMygYN
Times Media is a part of Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities.
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.