The award-winning Perham Focus is seeking a reporter to fill-out our team of dedicated journalists. If writing is your passion and you are interested in working in a fast-paced, fun environment, we encourage you to apply!
Perham is a progressive community of 3,200 people that is growing by leaps and bounds. Surrounded by hundreds of lakes, a multitude of golf courses, walking and biking trails, a state of the art healthcare facility and a school of champions, people count themselves lucky to be able to live and work in Perham.
• Write feature and hard news stories.
• Cover activities and events in Perham and surrounding communities.
• Develop good rapport with sources & people in the communities.
• Organize materials, determine focus and write stories according to prescribed editorial style and
format standards, both for the newspaper and online.
• Posting of stories and additional content to Web site, Facebook and Twitter.
• Drive personal vehicle to meet with sources.
• Take photos for publication.
• Edit copy in Google Drive.
• Pagination experience helpful.
College education in mass communications/journalism preferred.
Creativity and willingness to learn.
Previous writing experience, preferably with a newspaper, preferred.
Photography skills preferred.
Accuracy and ability to write clean, crisp copy in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
Must be available to work nights and weekends as necessary.
Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is insurable by the Company.
November 6, 2015
SUBMIT RESUME & WRITING CLIPS TO:
Attn: Melissa Swenson
P.O. Box 288
Perham, MN 56573