We’re looking for an experienced News Reporter to join our award-winning weekly newspaper staff at the Chaska Herald, located in the southwest suburbs of Minneapolis.
The Chaska Herald is part of the Southwest News Media family owned by Big Fish Works. The newspaper has been recognized nationally for producing exceptional community publications, and has earned the top spot for general excellence by the Minnesota Newspaper Association several years running. Other weekly affiliates are: the Chanhassen Villager, Eden Prairie News, Jordan Independent, Lakeshore Weekly News, Prior Lake American, Savage Pacer and Shakopee Valley News.
Job requirements are:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in experience.
- Exceptional spelling skills and attention to detail (particularly with names and dates).
- Must be creative and organized, with a love for the written word.
- Top-notch verbal and interviewing skills.
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to shoot video and photographs for use in print/website.
- Be a great story teller, have a nose for news, be savvy in all aspects of digital and social media.
- Have the ability to work on enterprise stories with the supervision of the editor.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work on their own.
- Embrace our organization’s core values: Collaboration, Community, Integrity, Passion & Perseverance.
Beat assignments will include coverage of city government, courts, crime and general features. This is a full-time position.
Southwest News Media offers a competitive salary and benefits including health insurance contribution, PTO, paid holidays and a 401k program.
Interested candidates should submit their resume via E-mail to Dick Crawford, email@example.com