West Central Tribune Media in Willmar, Minnesota, is seeking a photojournalist who can create visual content and edit multi-media stories for print and digital platforms.
Key traits include:
- Capture still and video images that make an impact, reflect human emotion and evoke a response in readers. Images should reflect a high degree of competency relative to composition, lighting, timing and news judgment.
- Receive and communicate on a daily basis about assignments from reporters and editors fulfilling photo and video requests, which includes news, features, sports and photo/graphic/design illustrations.
- Travel to assigned locations to take photos, video and gather images for online galleries.
- Compose factual, accurate and grammatically correct captions, including names and other pertinent details, to accompany images.
- Transmit images from remote locations when necessary.
- Adhere to professional and ethical standards for photo production.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience in photo journalism.
- Exceptional organizational, time management, digital and people skills are essential.
- Ability to work well and communicate consistently in a team environment.
- Ability to work well under deadlines.
- Computer literate and familiarity with digital imaging, Adobe software, including Photoshop, image file transfer methodology, word processing and website content management.
- Write clear and accurate cutlines and copy blocks, using sufficient knowledge of spelling, grammar and Associated Press style.
- Must possess a reliable vehicle covered with acceptable insurance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a driving record that is insurable by the company.
The West Central Tribune is part of Forum Communications Company, a multimedia news company with locations across Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We have over 1,700 employees that work towards a common goal, delivering quality products and information to our clients and viewers. We publish both print and online versions of our newspapers. We develop websites and apps. We own and operate television and radio stations and offer agency services and sales solutions. Check here to find out more about our company and our culture.
Submit your letter of application, resume and portfolio with at least one multimedia or video story via our career portal: http://bit.ly/WCTphotoMay2016.