The Detroit Lakes Tribune, Detroit Lakes, Minnesota is looking for a motivated, passionate reporter to join our award winning team. In addition to a desire to be part of a community newspaper, strong photography and multi-media skills experience is preferred. Detroit Lakes Tribune is a twice weekly newspaper with a strong online presence covering Becker County, Minnesota.
- Duties/responsibilities include gathering and verifying information through interviews with sources using that information to write community-based news stories, human interest features and more.
- Taking quality photos to accompany reporters’ stories while collecting necessary cutline information for those photos
- Organize and archive all photos for newsroom use, responsible for finding and pulling archived photos for use when needed
- Cover breaking news stories, including getting photos and/or video of breaking news and getting that content online immediately
- Update the Detroit Lakes Tribune website daily with fresh stories and videos
- Update the Tribune’s social media sites several times per day with pertinent, local news
- Work nights and weekends when needed to cover news and/or sports stories
- Other duties as assigned by the editor.
- Undergraduate degree in communications or journalism or experience preferred.
- Excellent grammar, spelling and typing skills.
- Experience working with video, social media and photography
- Ability to work well with others under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task, juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced newsroom.
- Must have a valid driver’s license that is insurable by the company.
- To be considered for this position please upload cover letter, resume and work samples when applying.
Application deadline: June 1, 2016
www.forumcomm.com/careers to apply.