The Litchfield Independent Review, an affiliate of Crow River Media and Big Fish Works, seeks a talented, energetic sports writer, with the skills and passion to go beyond traditional sports reporting.
The person hired for this position should be self-motivated and cover sports and news across the region for the Independent Review. The successful candidate will cover games, but be able to elevate the coverage beyond play-by-play and statistics. Features, analysis and columns should be key focus for the Independent Review’s print and digital products. The ability to shoot strong photos and video are a must.
– A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
– Excellent writing skills. Must be creative and organized, with a love for the written word and a broad range of interests.
– Excellent editing skills. Must possess a nuts-and-bolts appreciation of how prose should fit together to provide the greatest possible clarity.
– Good verbal and interviewing skills. Should be able to express ideas clearly and communicate with others in a sensitive and encouraging way.
– Solid knowledge of print and digital journalism.
– Fundamental knowledge of photography, videography and design.
– Willingness to embrace our organization’s core values: Collaboration, Community, Integrity, Passion and Perseverance.
Join a national awarding-winning newspaper that is dedicated to being the strongest source of news and advertising in the communities we serve. The Independent Review offers a competitive salary, health insurance, 401(k), profit sharing and more. If you are excited about becoming our next sports writer, please send resume, letter of interest and clippings by June 17 to:
Editor Andrew Broman
217 Sibley Ave. N.
Litchfield, MN 55355
Or email to: email@example.com