Minnesota Premier Publications produces four award-winning publications with one mission: Creating high-quality, community-centered journalism. The Journal and Southwest Journal newspapers — along with Minnesota Parent and Minnesota Good Age magazines — reach a total of more than 200,000 readers each month.
We are searching for an ambitious, hardworking Ad Production Coordinator/Graphic Designer to join our small, fast-paced design team in Downtown Minneapolis. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and detail oriented, a fast learner, proactive, good-humored and thick-skinned – with exceptional communication and customer service skills. In addition, the candidate should have some experience using the tricks and tools of InDesign, such as paragraph styles, master pages, alignment, etc. to create clean designs with consistency and impact.
The Ad Production Coordinator/Designer reports to the Creative Director and works very closely with both the design team and the sales team. This role is responsible for trafficking, creating and preflighting ads for all four of our publications. Once a client commits to an ad wit the sales team, you will take the ad production from start to finish – designing new ads, editing pre-existing ads per client request, routing drafts to clients, checking submitted ads, assisting with pagination and confirming accurate placement each publication. This position is 50% coordination/customer service and 50% design.
- Master our custom, in-house ad management system and track ads from creation through publication.
- Design ads in InDesign – meeting their specifications. Route drafts, make adjustments and obtain approvals.
- Quality check and preflight submitted ads – request additional changes and materials from client, as needed.
- Manage ad coordination including mapping placement and placing ad files in publication pages
- Design and update marketing materials, such as sales sheets and media kits
- Attend sales meetings and stay current on sales department activities and needs
- Assist publication designers with occasional page layouts for the publications – with possible space for increased responsibilities in this area
Assist creative director with additional design tasks, as needed
Ability to multitask, prioritize and remain calm under pressure and on deadline
Excellent people skills and flexibility with a smile
Both an independent problem-solver and a team player
Over-the-top attention to detail
Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and a portfolio demonstrating your design aesthetic
Graphic design degree
Familiarity with print production and prepress
Relevant advertising, project management and/or customer service experience
If this position sounds like you, please submit your cover letter, resume and design portfolio with the subject line “Ad Production Coordinator/Graphic Designer”. http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Minnesota-Premier-Publications/jobs/Advertising-Production-Graphic-Designer-a3b44e7ac7e0c714?q=minnesota+premier+publications
Job Type: Full-time