INTERNATIONAL FALLS JOURNAL
We’re looking for a general assignment reporter to join our staff at the International Falls Journal, an award-winning, twice-weekly newspaper, located in lovely northern Minnesota.
– A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in experience.
– Beats include coverage of government, hard news and human interest features.
– Produce content for special interest publications that focus on outdoor life, fishing and regional tourism.
– Ability to shoot video and photographs for use in print/website.
– Since news happens 24 hours a day, all editorial personnel must be able to work nights and weekends.
– Exceptional spelling skills and attention to detail (particularly with names and dates).
– Must be creative and organized, with a love for the written word.
– Top-notch verbal and interviewing skills.
– Work in a fast-paced, collaborative, deadline-driven environment.
– Be a great story teller, have a nose for news, be savvy in all aspects of digital and social media.
– Have the ability to work on enterprise stories with the supervision of the editor.
– Must be a self-starter and able to work both independently and in a team environment.
– Embrace our organization’s core values: Collaboration, Community, Integrity, Passion & Perseverance.
This is a general assignment, full-time position. The International Falls Journal offers a competitive salary and benefits including health insurance contribution, PTO, paid holidays and a 401k program. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and personal vehicle insurance.
To learn more about our organization, check out our website: www.bigfishworks.com.
Please send cover letter, resume and writing samples to: email@example.com.
The International Falls Journal is owned by Big Fish Works, publisher of 11 weekly/twice-weekly Minnesota newspapers. Our family of multi-media offerings has been consistently recognized for producing exceptional community journalism. Other affiliates are: the Hutchinson Leader, Litchfield Independent Review, Chanhassen Villager, Eden Prairie News, Jordan Independent, Lakeshore Weekly News, Prior Lake American, Chaska Herald, Shakopee Valley News and Savage Pacer.