Join an award winning newsroom!
The Echo Press in Alexandria, Minnesota is looking for a full-time reporter, primarily in sports, to join our team.
The Echo Press is a twice-weekly newspaper that provides its community with award-winning coverage, a strong online presence and top-quality targeted magazines.
This position offers opportunities to do a variety of things in a newsroom and build your skill set in a team setting, and flexible hours that include nights and weekends.
In addition to the desire to be part of a community newspaper, feature writing, proofreading and strong organizational skills are preferred.
We offer a healthy benefit package including PTO, paid holidays, medical, 401k and more!
• Build a rapport with sources on assigned beats to develop stories and story ideas.
• Cover sporting events, write stories and post to the website the night of events.
• Manage content submitted by individuals and groups. Prepare this content for publication on our website and in our print editions.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent communication, organizational and social skills.
• Must have valid driver’s license with a driving record that is insurable by the company.
For application information visit www.forumcomm.com/careers
Deadline: April 27, 2018