Join an award winning newsroom!
The Echo Press, Alexandria, Minnesota, is looking for a full-time curious, motivated reporter to join our award-winning news team and be part of a growing, vibrant community. The Echo Press is a twice-weekly newspaper with the region’s largest digital following and top-quality targeted magazines.
This position offers many opportunities to report on a variety of important stories in Douglas County. This is an ideal place to build your skill set in a team setting, with flexible hours that include nights and weekends. The position also offers a healthy benefit package with PTO, paid holidays, medical, 401k and more.
*Covering relevant, newsworthy topics in the community.
*Developing ideas for human interest pieces.
*Covering breaking news.
*Building relationships with community members.
*Photographing community events and other newsworthy events.
*Playing a key role in building our social media following.
*Working in a team setting to create cohesive, dynamic story packages.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Excellent grammar, spelling, typing and social skills.
* Some experience with photography preferred.
* Excellent communication skills, and the ability to write accurate, clear and concise stories on deadline in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to multitask.
* Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is insurable by the company.
For application information visit www.forumcomm.com/careers or contact Ross Evavold, Editor at 320-763-3133.
Deadline: May 25, 2018