The Globe, a twice-weekly newspaper published in Worthington, Minn., is seeking a full-time reporter. Responsibilities associated with the job include:
* Coverage of city of Worthington and Worthington City Council. Develop relationships with city staff and elected officials.
* Coverage of Worthington and regional business/economic development issues.
* Writing stories as assigned for special sections; as well as general assignment stories as assigned.
* Coverage of occasional game stories and sports features, as well as assisting with roundups of area sports.
* Shooting video and photos for stories as assigned. A person with significant video shooting and editing will receive strong consideration.
* Knowledge of social media and the ability to promote our newspaper’s content on the web is also strongly desired.
* Prior experience with photography is also preferred.
* Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends, depending on scheduled meetings and events.
* Other duties as may be assigned by editor.
Candidates for the position must also have a driving record that is insurable by the company. Please send resumes and work samples to Ryan McGaughey, editor of the Globe, at firstname.lastname@example.org.