Democracy on Deadline: Take Your Coverage of U.S. Elections to the Next Level
March 25 @ 8:00 am - April 30 @ 5:00 pmFree
Get an inside look at the complex and often confusing landscape of election administration. Find out which specific areas to study when covering state or local elections, during this one hour free webinar.
Webinar participants will hear advice from secretaries of state, state election directors, local election officials and practicing journalists. They’ll learn about resources that are available to help them tell powerful stories about the voting process while ensuring accurate, informative content.
WHAT WILL I LEARN:
- How to make sense of the rules and laws that apply to elections
- How voter registration actually works
- What is required for election results to become official
- The difference between absentee voting and voting by mail
- A definition of “ranked choice voting” and why so many places are considering adopting it
- Whom to contact when you have a question about an election process
- How to address questions about security, access and integrity in elections
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Anyone covering elections, civic engagement, government or politics, including journalists, bloggers, editors, students, and producers.