- This event has passed.
Don’t Blow It: A Guide to Getting It Right
July 16 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm$29.95
This one-hour webinar will go beyond last-minute name and age checks to help you bake into your reporting a process that will guarantee accuracy and fairness.
Using real-life examples of mistakes made and catastrophes avoided, award-winning editor Alexandra Zayas will teach you what you need to know to sleep well the night before publishing a major story. Whether you’re working on a contentious investigation, a narrative feature or a breaking news story, each comes with potential pitfalls that you can learn to avoid.
We’re only human. But this webinar will help you navigate sources with something to hide, understand the limits of documents and be on the lookout for your own imperfections to achieve not just bulletproof stories, but journalistic excellence.
You will learn how to:
- Avoid career-damaging mistakes made by others
- Identify blind spots every step of the way
- Implement a routine that will make your reporting rigorous and bulletproof
- Use your team members to gut-check and enhance your work
- Make your narratives as authentic and authoritative as they are beautiful
- Scan the horizon for attacks before they happen and inoculate yourself against them
Who should take this course
Reporters, editors and newsroom leaders who want to challenge themselves and their teams with higher-stakes work, while protecting against common mistakes. Any journalist who wants a refresher on best practices, and the worst that can happen when you don’t follow them.