Year after year MNA Convention attendees support the MNA’s nonprofit training arm, the Minnesota News Media Institute, at the annual Silent Auction. Always a highlight of the convention, attendees peruse the collection of goods and services for sale (and exercise various competitive bidding methods) to benefit the future of the newspaper industry!
- Training and educational opportunities for newspaper professionals and students in person and online via webinars
- A unique community leadership program for editors and publishers
- More programs and opportunities always under development!
Want to contribute?
We are looking for at least 50 items, each valued at $25-100 or more, in order to make this annual fundraiser a success! Please download a Silent Auction Donation Form and submit it to MNA by Friday, January 11, 2019. You may send or drop off your silent auction items to the MNA Office by Friday, January 18, or arrange to drop it off at the convention hotel Wednesday, January 23 during setup.
All proceeds benefit the Minnesota News Media Institute, the 501(c)(3) arm of the Minnesota Newspaper Association. A partnership of the more than 320 members of MNA, the Institute’s mission is to provide education, training and professional development opportunities for current and future news media professionals, promote fair and trusted journalism, and work to increase the public’s understanding of the role and obligation of a free press in our society.
Popular items have included:
- Newspaper-themed gifts:
- Jewelry & Clothing
- Tickets to local sporting events:
- Twins Baseball
- Wild Hockey
- Vikings Football
- Timberwolves & Lynx Basketball
- Minnesota United FC Soccer
- Gopher Sports
- Travel packages:
- Golf get-aways
- Hotel stays
- Resort packages
- Plane ticket vouchers
- Sports mementos:
- Minnesota Vikings Autographed Jerseys
- Minnesota Twins Autographed Baseballs (past and present stars)
- Minnesota Timberwolves Autographed Basketballs
- Minnesota Lynx Signed Player Photographs
- Minnesota United Signed Player Photographs
- Framed artwork
- 25# Pearson’s Salted Nut Roll
- MN breweries, distilleries and wineries:
- Surly Brewery Tours
- Beer gift sets from local breweries
- Bottles of locally-produced liquor
- Gift baskets from local vineyards
- Gift Baskets
- Ordway/Guthrie Theater Tickets
- Walker Art Center Exhibit Passes
- Local Confections, Candies and Treats
- …and much, much more
Submit your donation pledge form today! Contact LuAnn Yattaw with any questions: email@example.com or 612-278-0235.
Thank you in advance for your support!