Manage the editorial activities and responsibilities of the monthly Specialty Fabrics Review magazine, including delegating regular and assigned tasks to associate and contributing editors. Works with the Director of Content & Member Programs and other departments to achieve short- and long-term publication goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Researches and becomes conversant with important industry topics, trends and personnel in the specialty fabrics field; identifies topics and writers; contributes and keeps consistent the editorial style, content and themes.
· Works with Director of Content & Member Programs to produce the annual editorial calendar, budgets, reports, forms and other magazine procedures and documentation.
· Manages and coordinates all of the elements needed to produce each issue of the Review on time and within budget; researches topics and authors, determines article schedule, manages freelance budget; performs necessary mailings, assigns articles, logs invoices, writes, edits, formats and proofs articles, obtains images.
· In coordination with Director of Content & Member Programs and other departments, manages special editorial projects, such as white papers, special sections, supplements and webinars.
· Assigns articles and tasks to associate editors, working with the Director of Content & Member Programs to apportion responsibilities equitably and supply needed training.
· Monitors magazines through all stages of production; produces a run sheet before each issue closes, holds cover graphics meeting, proofs and corrects each print and electronic versions of proofs, holds to established production schedule.
· Works closely with other editors, production, marketing, ad sales, circulation, divisions and membership to promote short- and long-range editorial, advertising, magazine and association goals.
· Functions as team leader of the Review team; sets meetings and agendas, assigns responsibilities, monitors follow-through, presents results.
· Represents the magazine and IFAI to the readers, members, Expo attendees and the industry.
· Contributes unique content and news updates to magazine website; communicates with associate editors about stories and news for enewsletters and website.
· Performs related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s or advanced degree in journalism, communications or related field, plus 5 years of editorial experience, preferably in trade publishing.
· Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
· Creativity, organizational abilities; should be a skilled communicator and leader.
· Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and database software, with ability to input and retrieve information from a computer using these programs.
· Ability to communicate with a wide variety of individuals. Able to understand directions and communicate and respond to inquiries in various forms.
· Strong ability to work independently and self-motivate.
· Ability to operate a computer, telephone, copier, calculator and other office machinery.
· Ability to move about building and within/between workstations.
· Occasional travel required.
· Eligible for full-time remote with professional home workspace available. Must reside within continental US.
all recruiting is remote, contact: Samantha – firstname.lastname@example.org