Sun Newspapers is looking for a community editor to join our Sun Sailor team in the west suburban metro of the Twin Cities. This full-time position is based in our Osseo office and includes coverage of local government beats, business, breaking news, in-depth feature stories, photography and layout.
We are looking for someone passionate about community journalism who can share compelling stories that happen every day. Make a difference in the community where you work. Successful candidates must be flexible, attentive to detail, able to communicate concisely and capable in photography.
– Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
– The ability to create content for our digital and print products and use social media to engage our audience is essential.
– Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, AP Style and online content management systems would be helpful.
– Education or experience in journalism or a related field is preferred.
– A valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and driving record insurable by the company.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and 3-4 examples of your work to Mandy Froemming at firstname.lastname@example.org.