- This event has passed.
Stop the Drop: Five Ways to Grow Your Obituary Category
September 12, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm$35.00
Obituaries and newspapers: Once, these two always went together, and this relationship provided publishers with a powerful traffic driver and an unbeatable revenue stream. But today’s readers face unique economic pressures, and they have new ideas about how to best announce and remember a death in the community. The result? Nationwide, obituary volume is down 19% and falling.
The good news: Obituaries are still the most visited section of every newspaper, and we have tools to turn that fact into more traffic and revenue. Using insights we’ve gained working with 1,500+ newspapers, Legacy.com’s Ronald Speechley will show you five easy ways to revitalize your obituaries (and their revenue potential).
You’ll learn how to:
• Strengthen relationships with your funeral home partners, with
• Unique options to encourage them to work on your behalf.
• Teach your readers why obituaries are important, and
• Make it easier for them to place one.
• Increase volume with creative pricing options, packages, and formats.