Advertising Account Manager
The Minnesota Newspaper Association was founded in 1867 to promote the interests of the state’s newspapers. Serving 24 daily and 320 weekly publications, one of MNA’s most valued member services is our “One Call, One Order, One Invoice” advertising placement program. We’re currently searching for an energetic and motivated advertising sales professional to represent local, regional and national newspapers in print + digital.
Working directly with major accounts and agencies, this highly collaborative team player must possess exceptional consultative sales skills, display excellent communication techniques, and demonstrate the ability to maximize growth potential from existing accounts while identifying advertising opportunities from new business prospects.
- Understanding of newspapers, newspaper product portfolios, rate cards, and deadlines
- Prospecting for new advertisers and servicing existing accounts
- Achieving sales goals as set by MNA management
- Meeting regularly with the MNA Managing Director to review sales activity
- Working closely with MNA advertising support staff to execute media buys
- Self-starter with a passion for advertising
- Ability to set and achieve sales goals
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Persuasive communicator
- Problem solver
- Extremely detail oriented
- Proficient in working with numbers and calculating with percentages
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple projects at once
- Capable of working under deadline
- 3-4 years of client-direct or agency advertising/media sales, or relevant experience
- Strong consultative selling skills – including prospecting, qualifying leads & cold calling
- Integrated experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Business Applications
- Working knowledge of both Windows and Mac operating systems
- Base salary plus commission and expense reimbursement
- A positive and pleasant work environment
- Competitive pay and vacation
- Health Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
Please submit your resume to email@example.com or call Dan Lind at 612-332-8844 for more details.
In-person interviews will be scheduled for early May.
The Minnesota Newspaper Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer