EPG Media & Specialty Information is a content, events and information services business with special interest B2B and B2C brands in the Powersports industry, among others. We employ approximately 50 associates with offices in Plymouth, MN, and Southern California. We enjoy a casual, family-style culture with a focus on associate and company growth.
We are actively looking for a journalist to fill a full-time Managing Editor role for one of our trade properties, Powersports Business. The B2B content is centered around driving profitability and sharing best practices in the motorcycle and ATV industry.
The successful candidate will be a talented editor who is comfortable moving between a number of tasks in a fast-paced environment. This position will be located in Plymouth, MN although virtual opportunities will be considered.
- Writing and researching features for print and digital editions
- Performing phone and video interviews with key industry personnel
- Managing content flow during production cycle
- Creating content from multiple sources for multiple news-oriented enewsletters per week
- Working as part of larger team, including assistance with hosting live webinars and live conferences
- Copy editing and proofreading various content
Desired skills and experience:
- Two years of publication and online experience, preferably in a B2B setting
- Public speaking ability, comfort level and confidence a plus
- Strong time management skills
- Willingness to travel for trade shows and selected media events
- Command of the English language, including a firm grasp of spelling, AP Style, grammar, and punctuation rules
- Clear communication skills and considerable diplomacy when interacting with writers and other editors
- Ability to manage many different editorial and online tasks at once
- Experience with electronic publishing software, web design, and storytelling experience with multimedia applications and platforms
Experience in the Powersports industry a plus.
A bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or communications.
To apply for this position, submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com