MNA is pleased to announce a cover design contest for our 2018 MN Newspaper Directory. The winner will have their design featured on the front cover of our Newspaper Directory that will be printed this coming March.
The winner’s design will be featured on the cover with credits on the Table of Contents page AND they will receive free registration to the 2019 MNA Annual Newspaper Convention. Other finalists’ designs will be featured inside the Directory.
The contest is open to all designers employed by current MNA Member Newspapers. The cover should consist of a photo or series of photos with reproduction right(s) that are owned by the newspaper and/or its staff photographers. We prefer a photo or photos that highlight the great state in which we live. No stock commercial artwork or clip art please.
The deadline for submitting entries is February 23th, 2018.
- Submitted entries should consist of one (1) page that is 8.245”w and 10.75”h with a bleed of 0.25” on all sides.
- Cover entries should contain the following text and images:
- Include a photo or series of photos that highlights our great state! Reproduction right(s) must be owned by the newspaper and/or its staff photographers.
No stock commercial artwork or clip art please.
- CMYK color with fonts embedded & subset – Type 1 or OpenType preferred.
- Submitted file over should be a high-resolution PDF.
- All entries must be submitted via email to DesignContest@mna.org
NOTE: Winners will be asked to complete a consent to publish form and review a draft of the Directory page containing their credits to ensure all information is correct.