MNA is delighted to announce a cover design contest for our 2019 MN Newspaper Directory. The winner will have their design featured on the front cover of our Newspaper Directory that will be printed this coming March.
The winner’s design will be featured on the cover with credits on the Table of Contents page AND they will receive free registration to the upcoming 2019 MNA Annual Newspaper Convention, this January 24-25 in Bloomington, MN. Other finalists’ designs will be featured inside the Directory.
The contest is open to all designers employed by current MNA Member Newspapers. Designers are welcome to submit more than one entry.
The deadline for submitting entries is December 28th, 2018.
- Submitted entries should consist of one (1) page that is 8.245”w and 10.75”h with a bleed of 0.25” on all sides.
- Cover entries should contain the following text and images:
- Include a photo or series of photos that highlights our great state! Reproduction right(s) must be owned by the newspaper and/or its staff photographers. Stock commercial artwork that the newspaper owns reproduction rights to is accepted. No clip art please.
- CMYK color with fonts embedded & subset – Type 1 or OpenType preferred.
- Submitted file over should be a high-resolution PDF.
- All entries must be submitted via email to DesignContest@mna.org
NOTE: Winners will be asked to complete a consent to publish form and review a draft of the Directory page containing their credits to ensure all information is correct.